HRF's free lecture series has been beginning conversations about important social issues since 1996. In 2014 our lecture series reflected the changes at Hunter Research Foundation - with our new name comes a brand new approach.
2014 Free Community Lecture featured:
- Hugh Mackay, Author and social commentator - The Art of Belonging Download Transcript
Thank you to MacLean's Booksellers for making Hugh's books available for signing on the night and for your donation to our Lecture Series.
- Panel Discussion - Hugh joined a stimulating panel of speakers to help the HRF address issues around re-connecting the Hunter's young people to work, study and community. (Video of the panel discussion to be available shortly)
HRF also launched a new research project, YOUnite, address the critical issue of how to better engage our young people in the Hunter with a panel of young speakers talking about re-connecting young people to work, study and community.
Support HRF's important new research program, YOUnite - Re-connecting young people to study, work and community in the Hunter
- Make a donation to the Foundation's new research program
- Spread the word to encourage young people in our community to get involved in this project through our Facebook Group and Instagram Account
2013 Series Featured:
- Hugh Mackay, Author and social commentator
The Good Life: What makes a life worth living?
- Jon Dee, Co-founder of Do Something! and Planet Ark
Can Individuals really change the world? (Transcript unavailable)