HRF's free lecture series has been beginning conversations about important social issues since 1996. In 2014 our lecture series reflected the changes at Hunter Research Foundation - with our new name comes a brand new approach.
2014 Free Community Lecture featured:
- Hugh Mackay, Author and social commentator - The Art of Belonging (Transcript will be available shortly)
Thank you to MacLean's Booksellers for making Hugh's books available for signing on the night and for your donation to our Lecture Series.
- Panel Discussion - Hugh joined a stimulating panel of speakers to help the HRF address issues around re-connecting the Hunter's young people to work, study and community. (Video of the panel discussion to be available shortly)
HRF also launched a new research project, YOUnite, address the critical issue of how to better engage our young people in the Hunter with a panel of young speakers talking about re-connecting young people to work, study and community.
Support HRF's important new research program, YOUnite - Re-connecting young people to study, work and community in the Hunter
- Make a donation to the Foundation's new research program
- Spread the word to encourage young people in our community to get involved in this project through our Facebook Group and Instagram Account
2013 Series Featured:
- Hugh Mackay, Author and social commentator
The Good Life: What makes a life worth living?
- Jon Dee, Co-founder of Do Something! and Planet Ark
Can Individuals really change the world? (Transcript unavailable)